Saturday, September 25, 2010

Angkor What?



The very first thing I did once I got to Cambodia was to take a little mini-vacation to the town of Siem Reap. It seems a little ironic that I would start my two year stint in a third-world country on vacation, but that’s just they way things worked out, and it was definitely for the best. The most notable thing about Siem Reap is the ancient temple ruins of Angkor Wat and various other temples. Some of these Hindu/Buddhist temples have been around pretty much since Jesus walked the Earth, so it was really cool to see how they have stood the test of time. There are approximately like 87 temples (Ok, maybe not that many, but there are a lot) in the area, so there is absolutely no way to see them all in one day. I will most definitely be back, but for now, here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:







No comments: