Friday, August 13, 2010

Miss Kindergarten Goes To...

CAMBODIA.
That's right. Who knew that my love for kindergarten and my love for travel and other cultures would some day be combined into the ultimate adventure, taking me all the way to the other side of the world.

Ok, honestly, teaching overseas has always been something that I felt called to do, but I never ever imagined that my destination would be Cambodia. Mainly because most people don't even know where it is. I'm not going to lie, I had to look it up. Cambodia is located in Southeast Asia on a small peninsula with Vietnam and Thailand. See Map below:
So, that's where it is. Not to be confused with Canada, which I am about 90% certain is the country my hairdresser was envisioning when we were discussing this at my last appointment a few days ago. Bless her...you can't drive there.

I am so thrilled for this adventure that God has set before me, and I can't wait to share things on here. My hope is that the hilarity that so often infused my every day life at Center Point Elementary will carry over, and hopefully translate well, from Cambodia. I can't wait to meet my Cambodian Kindergarteners and share my life over there with all of you who either stumbled across this by accident or voluntarily chose to read it. I'll take either one.

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Wow!! This is so exciting! I will be praying for your big adventure!
-Bridgette

Unknown said...

Looking forward to LOTS of blog updates!!! :-)